Thursday, September 21, 2006

So, I've been pretty focused on my Thesis . . .


First off, I want to apologize the half of you I offended without even writing a single word. Second, I want to apologize to the rest of you that I will probably offend at some time in the future. I can't believe I'm doing this. I totally caved into pressure and sold my soul. I must say that I've become addicted to the whole thing and (before now) didn't even have my own blog. I'll keep this short today (and probably a lot of other days, too) because I really do have a lot to do tonight other than write my thoughts and feelings. My roomate is re-doing her bathroom and when I saw the toilet sitting on the back porch I just couldn't resist. Yes, I've put back on 10lbs. Sitting in front of a computer for 14+ hours a day is not a good weight-loss program.

Before signing off I'll put out some warnings and disclaimers:

1. I often annoy myself with how random my thinking is and how little control I often have of keeping random thoughts to myself. My posts will probably be filled with parenthesis, run on sentences, and incoherant comments. At the moment I'm not too excited about editing my writing, so you've been warned
2. I realize that some of my opinions are not shared by all but may just accidentally let some of them slip anyway. I hope I don't come off argumentative, but refer to my first point for my editing policy.
3. I don't have a #3 at the moment but making a numbered list with only two points didn't seem right.

People have been talking about the weather getting cold. This second picture is from my front yard, I live in a beautiful place and hope to get out in the great outdoors soon.

Die thesis, Die! (That was actually pretty long, huh? I'm a big fat liar)


13 comments:

Joel said...

Alright I know its pretty lame to be the first person to comment on your own blog, but I just realized that all that crap happened to Paul and Joni right when they started theirs. What was I thinking?

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Joel. This is so exciting. I am glad you joined us. Oh Bozeman, I would die to live there! Okay not really die but would love to live there someday.
Oh and I see a hobo spider in the corner by your hamper!

Anonymous said...

oh and add us all to your sidebar. If you need some instructions on how to do it ask Jen or I, I am sure we could help and then maybe you could give Paul lessons!

Paul and Joni said...

Yeah, be prepared to feel the blog curse for your first couple of weeks. I hope it doesn't hit you, but it's crazy how addicting these things can be. I find my self thinking' "I need to remember that for my blog" all of the time. Then I am embarrased that I thought that and then I just write about something stupid because I forgot what I wanted to say. A really good time to blog is late at night, then your truest colors come out. I don't know if I will ever learn to make my blog pretty and add (I just typed a bad word but had to backspace...oops)sidebar stuff. One more thing, you do kind of look like Larry the cable guy on that toilet with the hat...sorry.

Anonymous said...

oh I had one more thing too...good thing the picture isn't of you helping your roommate redecorate her bathroom, like helping her pick our bathroom colors and curtains. Your too manly for that, a true man wears his hat backwards and sits on the can while he does his work:)

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I think better when I'm sitting on the toilet... weird.

Anonymous said...

Joel says I'm guilty by association for this absurdity. I'm not so sure, but I do appreciate humor and that picture made me pee my pants. No pun attended.
Now get back to work, Moore.
(hi family!)

Joel said...

Erin, do you want me to install a toilet at YOUR desk?

Anonymous said...

You must have read my mind.

Anonymous said...

Finally a solution to having to get up from the desk at all.

About time.

Anonymous said...

I read it - - just didn't get it - - guess I'm a little slow, or have been spending too much time alone lately. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. It's fun to read family reactions. Again, around here we live in denial. Susan keeps a picture of me on her table by the side of the bed. I'm wearing an Army uniform, age 18, and it is pretty flattering. I don't like to look at pictures showing my pot belly. No matter how hard I work out it won't go away. I LOVE food. That's the problem. I don't think there's anyone in our family who isn't attractive. Why flaunt a bad picture? Glad you're getting the thesis finished, Joel. It's been a long haul. Love you. Dad

Joel said...

I agree, dad. My point wasn't that anyone is unattractive, just that we have a funny way of romanticizing our self-image. It seems like it should be possible to be self-assured in our looks and be able to take the good with the bad. More than that though I just thought this would be a fun exercise in sharing some emabrassing moments that can bring us closer. I think one of the things that is most attractive about this family is our capacity for fun at the right times and the ability to laugh at ourselves.

We all love your pot-belly too.