Monday, September 25, 2006

Another Priceless Contribution



Sarah was another taker on the offer of self-liberation from some of our more embarassing photos. The first photo I looked at was the one on the left. It made me think of comments about how some of the pictures that I posted didn't look that bad. It seems that I'm an example of my own argument.

Then I opened this gem , I'm always a little self-conscious when I bust up laughing all by myself (I don't know why), but this one made me glad I wasn't drinking coke when I saw it. Congratulations Sarah, you are now free.
I just finished a presentation and am a little worn out from the whole thesis thing so I'll make this it for now. More to come.

I just read Paul's blog (I know I said I was leaving) but that pretty much sums up the feeling of life so far. I've talked to Erin about this, the feeling of being destined for being great and looking back and seeing how different your path is from how you expected it to be is pretty humbling. I don't have a point other commenting on how insightful Paul's comments were. Maybe I'll have some huge moment of reflection when I turn 30. I already can tell you its not as old as I thought it would be when I was 10. I'm for being close to family and friends, Mom and Glen (and family) are so close that it kills me my school has been so involved that I can't even take a weekend to get away and see them. OK, now I'm done.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone say chipmunk?

Anonymous said...

I don't know Sarah (Hi, Sarah!), but Sarah looks like she's about ready to rid herself of something nasty in that second photo. What WAS she doing?

Anonymous said...

thanks joel! i feel free'r and lighter already (and not due to maude's comment which made me LOL). yea, when i was 10, i would've thought at 30 you were fossilized...now i realize age is truly a state of mind. maybe we do get wiser with age?

Anonymous said...

As one of the few writing on this blog over 60, I will enthusiastically verify that AGE IS ALMOST TOTALLY A STATE OF MIND! I have to admit, the mirror and the camera are not kind, but inside I'm young, and have energy to burn - - -and can probably keep up with most of you who are feeling "old" at 30. Not bragging - - just urging you all to not slip into thinking "old." Thoughts guide the actions, and attitude guides "aging." Enough ancient wisdom for one day! :) As you young "kids" and ESPN say, "I'm out!"

Anonymous said...

P. S. - - -Love the comments from "older" brothers that as adults, they don't feel there are older or younger brothers! I think it's true of parents, too. I just think of you all as "adult" and always have to subtract the year you were born from the present year to even remember exactly how old you are!

Anonymous said...

Hey so how about that trip to see us?

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you people are all talking about being old. I 'm never going to get old. I have always said that if we have to walk to Jackson County I want ol' Maude kicking my tail all the way there...laughing all the way!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what all this "adult" talk is about. I don't consider any of you all (not y'all Paul) to be adults.

I figure another 50 or 60 years and I might give adulthood a try. We'll see.