Monday, September 25, 2006

Beauty and the Beast

So Erin bravely shared a photo with me without any prodding. I couldn't really get much detail out of her but the photo was named "Turkeyetc." so I'm guessing that Erin's motivation here is that feeling we all know to well (bloated, when is nap time?). The scarf around the head is anyone's guess. Maybe its to help keep the food down. I just realized that I made a whole story out of a picture that I have no idea about. Feel free to set the record straight, Erin.


Here are a couple of additions to the Joel photo blog of shame. How can a photo possibly go wrong when you haven't had a proper shower for a few weeks. As you can tell, I really like cornbread. It really satisfies my hunger.














Mmmmmm, that was some good cornbread! If you are all wondering what an attractive (despite the red devil eyes) person like Erin is doing with a slob like me, join the club, members: many.


In the news world of Joel, I want to first congratulate the Broncos and tell the booing bronco fans to eat poo. That was a pretty good game and made some of the heart burn I experience when I think of the first two games dissipate.

Second of all, Happy birthday to Paul. I agree with Glen (or was it Steve?). I haven't felt any "big brother, little brother stuff" for a while now and really appreciate that my family members are also important to me as friends.

I fininished and sent in a thesis draft to my advisor this weekend. I still have a lot of work to do in the next few weeks but it was a big step and makes me feel less under the oppressive stress, at least for a few days.

I've been impressed with everyone's efforts at stepping up to the challange of accepting our worst. My invitation stands to anyone that wants to send me photos for posting. That's it for now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly can't remember why that picture was taken, but your story is as good as any, Joel. I had many ridiculous, inexplicable photos to choose from, so if anything, it's just an indication of my attention-hogging tendencies. And it explains some of my more humiliating public displays of absurdity on the improv stage.

I don't think those cornbread pictures count, Joel. They're not that bad. Try again.

Paul and Joni said...

I am glad that no one has disposed of any bad pics, too many people do that...not us I guess. I think the whole "same age" thing with brothers is because I filled in the generation gap by looking twice my age.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're right. You ARE old.
I'm amazed that the cornbread pictures don't qualify as "that bad", I've got this girl fooled.

Anonymous said...

Joel I have to agree with Erin, the cornbread pictures don't count as that bad...there could be worse! Did you see the one of me? I have a bag on my head....hmmmmm.

Jenny Moore said...

Joel I have to agree with Erin, the cornbread pictures don't count as that bad...there could be worse! Did you see the one of me? I have a bag on my head....hmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

I think the first cornbread picture pose looks a little like Tom Green pretending to eat that mouse. (O.K. maybe that was random)

Erin must have been mighty cold or maybe had a toothache or was posing for a post Sahara expedition. Who knows?

Nice pics.

Anonymous said...

Well to be honest with both Erin and you I don't consider either of your pictures to qualify. You both don't look bad enough. Step back up to the challenge!

Anonymous said...

For sure, Erin's photo doesn't qualify! She looks a little "goofy," like she's clowning and having fun, but bad? Sorry, Erin. Joel, your cornbread ones come a LITTLE closer, but still aren't that bad. Now Steve's photo of you IS bad. I remember the day we experienced that. (Shudder!) :)

Paul and Joni said...

I disagree, I think you are the ugliest fools in Montana.