Friday, October 06, 2006

My Armpits

Wierd, I don't think my armpits normally stink (go ahead and laugh, I know what you're thinking). I ran out of deoderant a couple of weeks ago but wasn't too worried about it because I don't wear deoderant very often. Of course my armpits have been mildly odorous pretty much every day since I ran out. I think we are not communicating very well, me and my armpits. I remember being in "Trial of the Big Bad Wolf", a made for Jr. High School musical, in 9th grade. I showered after PE and didn't have any deoderant to put on afterwards. It was one of those days when I was wearing a too-big-for-me t-shirt and my armpits soon took control. I was rank and getting worse by the minute through the whole rehearsal. It was pretty embarassing, I had a pretty serious crush on a certain Jr. High School cheerleader who was in the play; I think my complete internal terror around girls was the culprit in my pit-funk. I've never quite gotten over that fear of girls that I like. I can not recall going on a date in highschool when I didn't have at least a mild (sometimes not mild) urge to yak, "I'm fine it's just that I ate not long ago". I still NEVER make the "first move" without some seriously strong indications that there is mutual interest. Isn't it funny that someone who is so utterly manly in so many ways (I could have a completely separate blog detailing a new aspect of my manliness every day until I turn 30, er. . .) could be such a complete puffball with girls that he likes? I find it quite mysterious.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time your arm pits were noticed was at our second family reunion with the Bradys. Your early adolescent development was the rage. I don't recall any odor because I don't think I ever saw you really sweat. From what I've heard girls like butts better than arm pits. Maybe the ladies reading the blog can comment on that. As you may know I lost my butt in more recent times. I asked Susan what she thought if I wore suspenders. Bad question. She's having second thoughts about having married an older man. The best attribute about you Joey is how easy you are to love.

Anonymous said...

OK seriously, I don't know if I should be more disturbed by the lack of deoderant or my fater taking about his lack of a butt.

Yes...go with the suspenders, but make sure they are the rainbow ones Mork used to wear.

On armpits...I think you have just always had a fetish. I.E. shaved explanation points in the armpit hair?

On chicks....I move that guys should not be expected to make the first moves on girls. When it comes to this situation, men are useless. A girl can go up to a guy and say virtually anything and still sound coherent. I honestly wonder if I would me married to Jen if I had made the first move rather than the other way around.

Jub, get some deoderant!!!! Chick dig it!! Right Erin?

Paul and Joni said...

the thing about deodorant that I have learned is that you don't always necessarily need it, but it really depends on the foods you eat. If you eat spicy food you will stink more. Before you tell me I am full of it, my wifey told me so...she knows a lot about food, not so much about betting (see my blog comments).
I think all TRUE gentlemen are that way with girls. I don't know many guys who aren't schmucks that always make the first move. I have made the first move before and regretted it. If you like a girl enough that you can wait to make that move, she'll move in first. Preach on brother Paul!

Joel said...

I definately haven't been doing much normal lately because of this thesis. I believe you (Joni) that what you eat affects the way you smell. I seem to have pretty much kept my butt so far dad, but I started out with a lot to work with in the first place. It sounds like we (the boys) have about the same sit back and wait attitude when it comes to the ladies, though I guess Kendi or Glen would have to confirm that. I have a feeling that Dad might not fit in that group, though.

Anonymous said...

I'll refrain from comment about some of the blog and insuing conversation - - -too hairy (no pun intended) for me! On deodorant - - - Just wear it every day!!!!! You may not need it some days, but are always prepared for those times you do! I had some in my desk when I taught school - - in case I was in a hurry and forgot to "apply" at home.

All girls can't be expected to make the first move. There are a few of us around that can't do that. The feelings Paul expressed about waiting work both ways.

Anonymous said...

Idea: Jub has a birthday coming up. Since he doesn't get out much these days, maybe we can all send him some deodorant? I've been wondering what you needed, Joel!

Anonymous said...

Joel - I got a good laugh that you don't call Chelsea by her name on your blog. That's hilarious. Oh boy was that girl crazy, and goo-goo over Jub.

I'd get turned off by girls that were too forward. Getting over that initial fear wasn't easy, but what do they say... "Fair Hearts Don't Win Fair Maidens." I kind of like the thrill of the hunt. I like the fact that Kendi still makes me work a little.

Joel said...

I have to say, I have grown more bold when it comes to certain thing. I talk openly about most things and "drop" what I think are tons of hints that I like a girl. But as far as smootching goes. I am slooooooooooooow.

Fair hearts and fiar maidens? That made me laugh, Gloin. Do you ever call Kendi your maiden? Kendi?

Anonymous said...

You kidding?? She'd kick me in the crouch if I did. I was just talking in general.