Friday, May 11, 2007

Erin's free too!

Hi Moore's and associates across the land.

I've been reading up on everyone's lives and noticed a reference to me coming out of my hole, so I thought I should confirm that I am alive and well and out of my hole officially (as of Wednesday at 4pm). I realize that's not nearly as exciting as Joel finishing his thesis and getting a job, but this semester was especially stressful so I'm thrilled that it's over. I get to be worry-free for a whopping week and a half until my summer class starts! Ahhh....

There's not a whole lot more going on with me. I love having Joel back, of course, and I am so relieved that he got a good job. That's not an easy thing to do in this town and his particular field is very competetive here. So he must have knocked their socks off. As you probably know, we're off to NY on Tuesday for my sister's college graduation. I've never even been there before, so I'm excited to see her life and spend time with my family. I usually only make it home at Christmas each year, so it's a huge treat to see everyone twice this year! I can't wait. One of my aunts just started chemo treatments and my older grandpa has been struggling lately, so it will be especially good to be with them for a couple of days.

Summer has arrived in Bozeman so things are hoppin'. I always love this town, but summer is especially amazing here. Now I just need to find a beach that features couples in matching thongs! :) Thanks for the entertaining pictures, Kendi.

I hope you're all well and enjoying warm weather. Take care!
Love,
Erin

9 comments:

Maude said...

Yahoo, Erin! I wondered the other day if you were going to be taking classes during the summer - -assumed you would. Enjoy the time off, and have a super trip. Sounds lots of fun.

We're looking forward to getting to Ashton, where we're closer to everyone. Hopefully, you'll pop down to see us when that happens.
Take care. Love you both!

Joel said...

I'm glad Erin is free too. For the next week and a half we should both be pretty much free of any major events. I know I mentioned this before, but Erin really stresses out about assignments, sure that she blew it and will get a bad grade. She gets A's every time. Definiteley the brains of this duo. Good job, Erin.

Anonymous said...

Erin,
It's good to know who the brains is in the couple - you keep that up! I'm glad you and Joel are carefree for a while. Emjoy your trip back to see your family and your sister's graduation! We are really looking forward to seeing you again someday soon. Yes, I imagine Bozeman has matching Birkenstocks and mountain bikes instead of matching thongs. Glen and Kendi have all the fun, don't they?
Love,
Melecia

Anonymous said...

It's hard to think of something funnier than matching thongs. You and Joel riding mountain bikes with matching Birkenstocks and thongs - that's funnier. If that were ever to happen, I'm sure Kendi would find a way to take your picture.

What class are you taking this summer?

Paul and Joni said...

The only times I have been to Montana were during warm weather, the summer is awesome there, lucky. Enjoy the time off.

Anonymous said...

Time off? Yes please.

Glad you guys are getting a break.

I have no arguments either with Erin being the brains of the duo, but shouldn’t you shoot for a little higher standard Erin? I mean, this IS Joel. I guess Joel does seem to know a lot. Especially about dolphins, igloos, dirt and bat guano and stuff. :^) Only kidding.

Have a great time in NY.

Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

As I was reading this post I felt like I was actually sitting in the same room as you Erin. I can hearing you saying everything you wrote.
I am glad that Joel is back in Bozeman also. It is a really good place to be. In fact find me a job and I'll be on my way. Okay really it's not that simple for me anymore but it sounded fun for a minute and then I actually thought of the stress of work and realized it would no longer be fun. But we'll come vacation with you, how about that?
Have a good trip in NY, sounds exciting and it will be a good way for both of you to regroup for awhile.
Love you both,
Kendi

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear freedom is found, and that Joel has found the right job. We're looking forward to meet you sometime, hopefully soon. Mike and Susan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your comments! This is so exciting, this internet interaction. I'm technologically challenged, and therefore overhwhelmed. Joel says I'm supposed to comment BACK now...whoa.

Through the fog of my blog inexperience, I am definitely cracking up at the thought of birkenstocks, thongs, igloos, dolphins, and Kendi moving to Bozeman. Get up here, the more the merrier! You can even bring the rest of the family with you...those kids are adorable!! Oh yeah, and Glen too.

Mike and Susan, we must meet soon, this is ridiculous!! In fact, I hope to see all of you soon. We'll wave from the plane tomorrow, not that we'll fly over any or all of you. But it's the thought that counts.

I'm brain dead today. I'll go before anyone decides to call Joel and encourage him to trade me in for a more sane model.

Love,
Erin