Saturday, January 09, 2010

Exciting Friday Night

Now you've done it. I broke the blog seal, and now it's just a place for me to write even more than I already do on Facebook. I apologize in advance.

I had to report that I just attended the most exciting sporting event ever, at least for me. Joel said he's been to more exciting high school/college games, but I guess I went to lame schools or I have a short memory. We saw the Nuggets play the Cavs and we won by 2 points. And we had good seats (I love this Nick guy who works for the Nuggets who likes to get me tickets). Anyway, it was the most fun I've had at any game of any kind. I was disappointed in LeBron though, I partly went to see this supposed super star and didn't get much of a show. But my Nugs won so I can't complain. And I got to see my boy Billups after he's been injured for many games so that was good too. Oh yeah, and Joel caught one of those plastic balls the mascot throws into the stands so I even have a souvenir!

And THEN...I know, it's hard to believe there's more :)...walking home from the train station, we saw the little fox who lives in our park and who we often see during cold weather. I've named him Foxy, original I know. He was laying under a big tree right by the sidewalk and we got about 2 yards from him before he saw us. He sat up, turned around in a circle, layed down again in a more comfortable position I guess, and didn't run away until I pushed my luck and tried to get closer for a picture. It was strangely exciting for a country girl like me, having never seen a fox close-up before. He was very cute. And small, about half the size of Kaya if not smaller.

OK, the end. Sorry no pictures this time, and I promise not to turn this into my personal rambling blog. I just had to share the good end to a crappy week.

Love,
Erin

5 comments:

Erin said...

Joel says I'm exaggerating and we were more like 4 or 5 yards from Foxy. But still...

Paul and Joni said...

I'm seeing more and more why Joel is marrying you. When a girl starts cheering for the same sports teams and saying things like , "my boy Billups", you know its meant to be.

Maude said...

So help me understand- - -Do you like the way Billips plays, or do you just have a crush on him? The truth, now! :)

Your exaggeration makes me think of a family one you'll appreciate. One day as we drove along, we saw a flock of seagulls in a pasture. Melecia launched into an wordy, artsy description of "millions of snow-white seagulls, a blanket of living snow, etc." Steve looked out the same window and said flatly, "I'd estimate about 400 birds." I guess it's just the way those Moore brothers are! We love them anyway.

Love,
Mom b

Jenny Moore said...

Keep taking over Erin...we love it!!!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

It was a pleasant surprise to look on "lazy bum" Joel's blog this morning and find your two postings. It seems like Denver fans go crazy for sports when our teams are strong and winning. It's hard to get good seats, so you are very lucky. I like to watch the games on TV when we can kick back in front of the fireplace. In warmer weather I like to go walking in the early morning before the sun comes up. There are two foxes that must live together and I see them quite often, but usually they see me at about 100 feet. Running into a skunk at that hour is not so pleasant.

Keep pitching for jobs. Something will turn up.

Love Dad/Mike