Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Some of you may have already heard this news from me or through the grapevine, but I thought I would put out an official notice.  Erin was offered a job in Denver with the Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CCASA), a coalition that serves sexual violence non-profits around the state.  She starts on July 13th.  I don't have work lined up yet, but am working very hard to do that (anyone want to hire an environmental scientist or researcher?).  Currently the plan is to move her down there for the start of her new job while I continue to look for work while working in Bozeman  (assuming I don't find something first).  We're not planning to do this living in different cities thing forever, most likely a couple of months (as necessary).  I would love nothing more than to be able to go down there together.  Anyway, those are the basics.  We're excited to have a change in scenery and start new career challenges.  Busy times ahead.

5 comments:

Moore Family said...

Congratulations Erin! That sounds like a nice opportunity for you and I'm sure you'll like Colorado. I think if I remember right you guys have some really good friends in Denver. Hopefully Joel will be able to find some work there shortly. We'll pray for you guys.

Glen

Paul and Joni said...

Congrats again Erin, hopefully it works out that you find a job Joel, I'm sure you will...its just hard to do it when you are in Bozeman. Do you know people that live there from grad school you can talk to?
I know that oil companies are always looking for environmental people, and Denver is the hot place right now for them as is Utah. You should look into it.

Maude said...

New adventures, for sure! I'm sure things will work out for you both. Some things just take time. Hang in there. We'll miss having you so close, but realize that one can't pass up such an awesome opportunity. Guess I'll have to add Colorado to my "Visit List!" :)

Love you!

Mom

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

It's really nice to finally have a family member on my side of the family live closer to us. As we have discussed Colorado is very green for people in your field. We look forward to see you soon.

Love,

Dad and Susan

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful Erin! I hope your separation is short and sweet, and that you can be together soon! Joel, you'll be in our prayers about finding a new job. I'll ask Rhett if he knows of anything there.
Love,
Melecia