Saturday, June 02, 2007

Wildlife Extravaganza

Wednesday was my first field day at my new job. We spent the day in the Big Sky area. It was fun and I definitely have a challenge ahead of me in learning a bunch of new skills. The highlight(s) of the day was seeing a TON of wildlife. It started with Big Horn Sheep, then Elk, two Black Bears, and a couple of days. The guys I went up with saw a moose when I wasn't with them, too. My co-worker was quick enough to get a photo of the second bear we saw on the side of the road, near a gated community development. It was pretty sweet.


5 comments:

Maude said...

Awesome! What a neat job! May I go to work with you? Sounds very fun, and the country looks beautiful What are the "days" you saw two of?

Joel said...

Whoops, two dear.

Paul and Joni said...

cool, I have never seen a bear in person. Sounds like your dream job, don't start thinking you can live with the bears though

Anonymous said...

Very cool Joel. Sounds like you've got your fit with work! Unfortunately most of the wildlife here drive trucks with rifles in the rear window & fly rebel flags!
Love,
Melecia

Anonymous said...

Dang Jub, you've got a lot of hair on your back in that picture! It might take two "days" to remove it.

Nice to see you have found your niche.